WHO WE ARE
We are: Veterans. Citizens. Families. We are the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States - VFW for short - Post 2667, Newnan, Georgia. VFW Post 2667 was chartered on December 7, 1944 with 125 members.
VFW Post 2667 primarily serves Coweta County. Our membership rolls now include over 160 comrades who served our country under hostile conditions during World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Granada, Southwest Asia, Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan.
On April 5, 1948, the Coweta County Veterans Club was incorporated with the objective of "promoting social fellowship and companionship among its members." Membership is restricted to comrades in good standing of VFW Post 2667 and American Legion Post 57. The property and buildings that currently house those two veterans organizations was donated to the Coweta County Veterans Club to foster that objective.
We are dedicated to supporting those who sacrifice so much for this country - veterans, service members in the US Armed Forces and their families. To fulfill our mission:
- We provide advocacy to the individual veteran. This is for both the veteran and his/her family. Our Post Service Officer is an well-versed at dealing with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- We assist currently deployed military and their families. This includes supporting family readiness group activities, welcome home ceremonies, phone cards to deployed service members and financial assistance to meet the emergency needs that arise from deployments.
- We keep the pressure on Capitol Hill by monitoring, reporting on and lobbying for legislation that directly impacts our veteran community.
- We develop the next generation of patriots by sponsoring competitive scholarship programs for America's youth. We support our local JROTC and scouting programs.
A Post is its membership. A Post's character is determined by that membership. VFW Post 2667 chooses to actively participate in our community.
- We sponsor and present awards to winners of the Patriot's Pen, Voice of Democracy, Citizenship Education and Public Servant of the Year programs.
- We distribute Buddy Poppies on Memorial Day weekend and around other veteran-oriented dates. Donations received from Buddy Poppies is used to help support veterans' families and their widows and orphans through our Veterans Relief Fund.
- We co-sponsor, with American Legion Post 57, the Coweta Veterans Club Open" golf tournament with proceeds going to support the Coweta Cancer Support Group.
- We provide flag-folding and speakers for funerals and/or memorial services for deceased veterans.
- We collect unserviceable flags in the area and see that they are properly and respectfully retired.
- We provide veterans to speak on flag etiquette and Americanism topics at schools, churches and youth programs, especially around Memorial Day and Veterans Day.
- We conduct regular visits to VA Hospitals and veteran's homes providing various sundry items and comradeship to fellow veterans throughout the year. For the past 25 years we have participated in decorating Christmas trees at the VA Hospital in Decatur, Georgia.
- Our members are active throughout the community donating their leadership and time to many civic endeavors. Our membership donates hours to such organizations as: The Red Cross, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, Cancer Society and many others.
- We conduct the Memorial Day service in our Veteran's Memorial Park each year remembering a Coweta County veteran who made the ultimate sacrifice and honoring all who have served. Each year the program grows in number and stature.
- During the Memorial Day weekend, with help from local volunteers, we place over 1,000 flags on the graves of our fallen comrades.
- We conduct or participate in many other patriotic parades and events throughout the year such as Flag Day, Independence Day, POW/MIA Recognition Day, Veterans Day and more.
Your foreign military service under hostile conditions entitled you to certain combat medals as well as your membership in the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States.
A portion of your annual or life membership goes to support the strong voice of the VFW for the benefit of all veterans.
As a member of the VFW, you and your family are eligible to participate in some great programs such as: a free subscription to VFW Magazine, cell phone and computer discounts, Dignity Memorial, financial services, healthcare services/discounts, hotel and car rental discounts, identity theft program, real estate and mortgage programs, travel discounts, VFW insurance, and many more.
You can socialize with and discuss with fellow combat service veterans your service experiences.
As an active member of VFW Post 2667 you can make a difference in your community while socializing and helping veterans like yourself.
Contact using the information in the upper right-hand corner of this page and become a part of the VFW.
Nobody does more for veterans